Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bugsy's Dog Training in Chicago


My boyfriend and I rescued Bugsy a little over three years ago. His behavior was so bad, that we were concerned we were going to have to give him back up for adoption. Let me give you one example to explain just how bad Bugsy was. He is a 23 lb Boston Terrier. We had left him with a downtown boarding place for dogs for the holiday season three years ago. Just as we landed and walked off the plane I received a message from the owner of the boarding place telling me that my dog was so awful with other dogs, so aggressive and unruly, that she didn't know if she could keep him there. We panicked! And at that moment, my boyfriend and I said, we would have to find a dog trainer that knows how to help rehabilitate dogs that are like Bugsy. And him and I both knew that if nothing could be "fixed", that we would have to give him away. I did some searching on the internet for experienced trainers and found Megan.

I cannot speak more highly of Megan's program. Bugsy really did turn into a brand new dog. We went to Megan almost 3 years ago to the date and Bugsy's behavior is better now than it ever has been. He used to pull on a leash, lunge at other dogs, and bark at them in what sounded like an aggressive abusive tone (while drooling uncontrollably). He now plays in our dog park with no problems, walks right at our feet in a “Heel” command, and even sits in place until we tell him he can get up. Megan and the team teaches you to mentally and physically challenge your dog which ultimately rewards him/her into great behavior.

Just this past winter, we took our dog to Myrtle beach, SC. Bugsy was out on the beach, without a leash, as dogs passed, he'd look to us for approval to approach them and then play very friendly, yet didn't leave our side unless we instructed him to do so! WE LOVE MEGAN in our house, enough that we stop random dogs on the street with bad behavior and offer the referral -- a life changer!!!!

Thank you SO much!

Rachael R.

Midway Dog Academy - Chicago's Best Dog Training For Boston Terriers

No comments: