Monday, September 26, 2011

Hope's Dog Training


I adopted a one year old Border Collie/Labrador named Hope. She had lived on the streets for the first six months of her life and then in a shelter for the other six. She had no training at all and like all puppies had more energy for mischief then I could keep up with. Hope, my new mischief maker, was wonderful at soiling indoors, chewing on everything including people, jumping on everything including people and had the idea that it was playtime all the time. I found information on the internet about a board and train school and thought this just might work. Scott and Megan were GREAT! I was leaving for vacation and they were willing to take her a week early to help me out. She was with them over two weeks. When I went to pick her up and learn how to keep up with her training, I brought my mom and sister-in-law with me. We were amazed. She was like a totally different dog. She actually LISTENED! I was in shock. She did everything we asked her to do with the smallest amount of communication. She even listened to me off her leash. After bringing her home, she has continued to amaze me. She has not once soiled indoors since training. She is much better at chewing only her toys. I can take her outside with no leash and she will play in the yard without running off. She walks three miles a day and though she is on a leash, she rarely pulls. She still has LOTS of energy but at least now it’s controllable. I no longer stress at bringing her around others. She is a perfect lady. I would recommend Midway Dog Academy to everyone. It’s totally worth it!!!

Terry and Family

Midway Dog Academy - Chicago's Best Dog Training For Pit Bulls

No comments: