Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jenk's Dog Training in Chicago


I adopted Jenks, a Plott Hound about a year and a half ago. I had no idea what a Plott Hound was when I adopted him and I didn’t do much research into the hound breed. This cute little puppy quickly grew into a 90lb. dog that I couldn’t control. He was a great dog inside – of course when there wasn’t much going on. But as soon as someone would come over or the doorbell would ring he would become uncontrollable! Walks with him were a struggle because he thought every dog we passed was there for him to play with. And when he would see ANY dog he would let out a deep hound bark; which became pretty embarrassing. I took him to some group dog training classes at the local pet store, but didn’t see any results with him. He has always been able to sit and stay for a treat with no distractions, so the dog training they offered wasn’t really effective for the help WE needed. I started looking for more dog training that could help us with more than the basics - and luckily I found Megan. I thought it would be best for Jenks to do more of the Boot Camp dog training, so he ended up staying with Megan and her dogs for 2 weeks at her house. When I went to pick him up I was amazed to see him come out healing with her without a leash on, not to mention there was a TON of distractions everywhere around him! Jenks now heals on our walks and doesn’t try to get to every dog we see. Instead, he looks to me for the direction that he needs! Megan also gave us a great training tool – The Placeboard. Now, we use his place board at home; which makes having guests coming over so relaxing and peaceful because he stays so calm. The best part is that I can let him outside without having to put a leash on him and he always comes back to me when I call him. You have given me a dog that I couldn’t be happier with.

Thank you so much Megan.

John B.

Midway Dog Academy - Chicago's Best Sog Training For Hound Dogs

No comments: