Thursday, September 1, 2011

Louie's Dog Training Experiencr










I got my very first dog Louis (miniature pinscher) five and a half years ago when he was eight weeks old. Living in NYC at the time, with very limited space, I didn't think it was a good idea to get a larger dog, so I started small…very small. I took him to work with me every day. Everyone loved playing with him, feeding him, and spoiling him. We should have gone through training then, but I thought, "He’s just so small, how much trouble can he really be?" I didn't realize at the time that collectively, we were all ruining this dog. Everything he did was "just so cute," it was difficult to discipline him. I eventually moved from NYC to Chicago, where I was unable to bring him to work with me or keep an eye on him all day. Behavior that was once "just so cute" became worse, and five and a half years in, I couldn't take it any more. The incessant barking at any foreign noise, instantly going into "attack mode" at the sight or sound of another dog, jumping all over the place while on a leash...I couldn't let it continue. I spent thousands of dollars on training books and manuals, and in-house training for half a year with a local trainer - absolutely nothing was working. Giving Louis up was never an option, so all I could do was keep looking for the right fit. That's when I found Midway Dog Academy. I scheduled training for two weeks. I was skeptical because every training I'd put him through before never produced results. When I went to pick Louis up after two weeks, I couldn't believe that was my dog. I stood there watching in amazement as they took him off his leash and he didn't bolt! Two weeks, and it was like a miracle had taken place. Louis was calm, centered and focused. It's been nearly 6 months since Louis was with Megan and Scott. The training both Louis and I received from them and that has been invaluable. Our lives have been changed in such a positive way; words cannot possibly express our gratitude. That really IS my dog, and I couldn't be prouder.

-Angela

Midway Dog Academy - Chicago's Best Dog Training For Miniature Pinschers


No comments: